POSITION AVAILABLE – HUNTERDON DISTRIBUTORS – WHITEHOUSE STATION, NJ
Please apply to Richard Grant or Thomas Devine by 5:00 PM on 3/23/2015. Richard@HunterdonBrewing.com and/or Thomas@HunterdonBrewing.com
Title: CDL A Freight Driver
Supervisor: Transfer Manager
Objective: To pick up and deliver products from NJ ports and suppliers and assist with various warehouse duties. Also, upon request, load packages on trucks for drivers, unload trucks from different vendors, inventory products and keep all areas of the warehouse clean.
Essential Job Functions:
• Drive truck to various supplier facilities to pick up and/or deliver product
• Assist with various assigned warehouse duties
• Receive and rotate various products from incoming carriers
• Build pallet orders for trucks
• Hand stack product on pallets and load on trucks
• Load empties on semis to return to suppliers
• Maintain an accurate D.O.T. daily trip log
• Courteous and respectful to customers. Clean uniform is to always be worn and must be clean-shaven daily
Other Standard Job Duties:
• Assist other Drivers with delivery of product to on-premise and off-premise accounts
• Cover for other driver’s vacation etc
Essential Job Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED
• Valid and clean Class A CDL (all parts except hazardous material)
• Current D.O.T. medical card
• TWIC card or ability/willingness to get one.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours & days
• Interpret numerical values on merchandise
• Knowledge of local, state and federal highway rules and DOT regulations
• Knowledge of the New Jersey delivery area
Critical Physical Demands:
• Use of hand and foot controls for driving
• Walking and climbing steps and/or stairs
• Two handed lifting, handling and carrying of packages weighing 10 to 48 lbs., from floor to overhead levels on a frequent basis
• Pushing/pulling a 2-wheel hand truck loaded with packages, on level surfaces or up and down stairs and ramps on a frequent basis.
• Push/pull pallet racks loaded with packages on level surfaces
• Climbing stepladder while handling 10 to 48 lb. packages
• Squatting/kneeling/ and/or stooping/bending sustained while moving/pushing packages at low levels.
• Stack package pallets from floor to overhead levels on an occasional to frequent basis
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.